Edmonton Urban District Council acquired 37 acres of land that was previously used for making bricks in order to create Jubilee Park in commemoration of George V's Silver Jubilee in 1935. The site was laid out as a park and recreation ground. It was opened on 24 June 1939 by the Mayor. The entrance on Galliard Road is a semicircular drive with 1930s concrete arch and gates which leads to formal gardens. There is a wildlife area adjacent to tennis courts.