Winchmore Hill Green is the remains of the old village green which once had a circular pond. The Edmonton enclosure map of 1801 shows that there was a well-established village at Winchmore Hill by that time, although the nearest church was All Saints Edmonton until 1828. However there had been a Quaker community here since 1688 . Although Winchmore Hill Station opened in 1871, the area remained quite rural until the late 1920s. Despite building development that took place from the late 1920s, there have been relatively few changes since the 1930s and Winchmore Hill retains its village atmosphere around the Green. Today the Green consists of two open areas of grass one of which is surrounded by low railings - both have some trees and seats. A cattle trough is at one end.