What is now Little Ilford Park was formerly two recreation grounds, Little Ilford Recreation Ground and Manor Park Recreation Ground, divided by Reynolds Avenue which then ran up to Church Road. Land for Little Ilford Recreation Ground was purchased from J J Bethell in 1909 and that for Manor Park Recreation Ground was purchased from Mr Watkins in 1912. Both were laid out as relief work under the Unemployed Workmen's Act of 1905. The 1920 map shows the two separate grounds divided by Reynolds Avenue but by 1939 the Avenue stopped at its junction with Dore Avenue and the two sides had been united, with a triangular area of gardens bounded by trees in the west, which still remains today. With the construction of the North Circular Road the park lost some of its eastern boundary although it has been extended to the north by an area designated as of ecological interest which has now been proposed for planting as a new woodland site.