A historic burial ground near to the centre of Wandsworth, now a public garden. It was opened in c.1687 as a burial ground for the French Church which stood opposite Wandsworth parish church of All Saints. The burial ground was used by the Huguenot refugees who settled in Wandsworth during the 16th century and 17th century, fleeing religious persecution in France. The burial ground later became known as Mount Nod; it was enlarged in 1700 and again in 1735. It was closed in 1854 and later reopened as a public garden. It contains a number of historic tombs dating from c.1687 including those of Peter Paggen (d.1720) of Wandsworth Manor House and John Gilham (d.1728). In 1911 a memorial was erected to the memory of the Wandsworth Huguenots who had found in Wandsworth freedom to worship God after their own manner. They established important industries and added to the credit and prosperity of the town of their adoption'.