Putney Park Lane may be a remnant of a medieval lane which once provided access to The Pleasance, the site of the Archbishop of Canterbury's Putney Park hunting lodge. The lane was laid out by the early 18th century as a formal tree-lined drive for a house built on the site of the former hunting lodge. It later became the access to a number of grand houses built here including Granard House, Putney Park House and Dover House. To the south of the lane at the junction of Putney Park Lane and Putney Heath is South Lodge. Towards the north of the lane it runs alongside The Pleasance Open Space, part of Dover Road Estate and south of this to the east is St Margaret's church with small church garden, built in the mid 19th century as a Baptist Chapel. It became Church of England in 1912 when it was altered. Putney Park Lane is now maintained as public open space by the Borough of Wandsworth.